Accessing freedom and depth in self-expression.
If you’re curious about our Online Acting Program but not ready to fully dive in, this is a free introductory course available to everyone. In it, you will learn how Actorium’s training transfers to an online format and what our focuses are in the courses. You will also have an opportunity to experiment with the first few exercises in Expression as well as submit your work for individual feedback.
Expression for Actors of all ages is for those who are completely new to acting or have been acting for years. This is a general course, covering all of Actorium’s online training and open to all ages, 18 and older. Our goal in this course is to clarify the program and give you a sense of what it is like to train at Actorium.
- 3 weeks
- 60-minute weekly classes
- Weekly assignments
- Review and homework packages
- Individual feedback and coaching
How it works:
- Classes are live on Zoom
- Each class contains lessons, exercises, work reviews, and discussions
- In each class, you will be given assignments followed by a class review packet in PDF format
- Homework assignments are filmed on your phone or camera and submitted before the next class*
This course is right for you if you are:
- Someone who is new to acting
- Experienced actors wanting to reconnect to self-expression
- Someone interested in acting for personal development
Homework time will vary per participant but, on average, you can expect about 1 – 2 hours per week.
*Homework in the Expression courses is optional. However, to get the most out of the course, we encourage participants to go through the discomfort of filming and submitting their work! You will find yourself changing quickly through this process!
If you have to miss a class, you will receive a digital class package with a video overview of the class and your weekly assignments.
What you need:
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Computer or phone with a working camera and microphone
- Headphones (recommended but not required)
- Working internet or data connection that will allow you to video conference for 90 minutes a week
4pm – 5pm PST
May 4 – May 18, 2021
Michelle adapted very quickly to this shift towards online classes and it feels like their team has done it long before. Classes were pertinent and well constructed. Michelle is as good a teacher online as she is in person!
I have been taking classes at Actorium on and off for a few years now. Every time, I learn something new and go deeper into the creative process. It is not always easy, in fact, it can be really painful at times. But Michelle and Rebecca have created a very safe and supportive place to do this exploration and encourage growth and it translated very well to a virtual space. If you are someone for whom acting is an important expression of your creative being, you absolutely cannot go wrong with these classes.
I highly recommend the online workshops at Actorium. There is helpful take-home content as well as fun practical exercises. It helped me understand more about performing in front of a camera and how to bring out more complexity and depth in my expression of characters. It’s also great to connect with other actors in this format. It feels a lot more intimate.
I’m learning a lot in your classes – on many levels.