Expression for Novice Actors 40+ Online
If you’re curious about our Online Acting Program but not ready to fully dive in, this is a free introductory course available to everyone. In it, you will learn how Actorium’s training transfers to an online format and what our focuses are in the courses. You will also have an opportunity to experiment with the first few exercises in Expression as well as submit your work for individual feedback.
Expression for 40+ is for anyone who may have been interested in acting for years but is brand new to acting and wants to make sure they are surrounded by others who are 40+ and brand new to acting as well! It can be intimidating entering a new art form and so you want to make sure you’re in a safe environment. Our goal in this class is to make you more comfortable with the process of trying something new.
- 3 weeks
- 60-minute weekly classes
- Weekly assignments
- Review and homework packages
- Individual feedback and coaching
How it works:
- Classes are live on Zoom
- Each class contains lessons, exercises, work reviews, and discussions
- In each class, you will be given assignments followed by a class review packet in PDF format
- Homework assignments are filmed on your phone or camera and submitted before the next class*
This course is right for you if you are:
- New to acting and curious
- An experienced actor who has never formally trained
Homework time will vary per participant but, on average, you can expect about 1 – 2 hours per week.
*Homework in the Expression courses is optional. However, to get the most out of the course, we encourage participants to go through the discomfort of filming and submitting their work! You will find yourself changing quickly through this process!
If you have to miss a class, you will receive a digital class package with a video overview of the class and your weekly assignments.
What you need:
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Computer or phone with a working camera and microphone
- Headphones (recommended but not required)
- Working internet or data connection that will allow you to video conference for 90 minutes a week
4pm – 5pm
April 6 – April 20, 2021