A hybrid live and online program
Combine our online training with Role Immersion. One Role for One Year.
After completing the pre-requisites, students are assigned one role to work on for the remainder of the program.
Students Online are assigned quarterly performance exercises and complete their role immersion presentation in our Central Role program.
Students in the Vancouver, BC area may opt to do a hybrid version of this program with all quarterly performance exercises and final scenes or monologues filmed in person.
- Preparation & Imagination
- Scene Objective
- 12 weeks Dialogue classes
- Zoom Interview with instructor
After program acceptanace students will be assigned a role.
1st Quarter Outline – 12 weeks
The first quarter work is on breaking down the story and your role within the story.
Discussions with your instructor will be on character development and relating to the role.
If you are working with a partner: exercises are in Meisner and Improvisation work with a focus on getting comfortable with your scene partner(s).
- Script Analysis
- Super Task
1st Quarter Filmed Exercises
- Speak in first person as the character
- Idenitfy the character’s given circumstances
- Answer spontaneously to develop character opinions
Obstacles to the Super Task:
- Connect with and identify the character’s inner struggle
- Relate the given circumstances to the Super Task
- Find your personal connection to the central need
2nd Quarter Outline – 12 weeks
Choose the scene(s) or monologue(s) for the final assignment.
Discussions with your instructor will be on breaking the scene/monologue down to events/bits and actions, and, on the rehearsal process using Stanislavski’s Active Analysis.
If you are working with a scene partner you will work together to break down the scenes before beginning rehearsals. Rehearsals may be in-person and/or online.
- Objectives & Realism
- Relationship & Behaviour
2nd Quarter Filmed Exercises
- Actively discover the relationship
- Actively discover your scene-partners point of view
- Actively discover your character’s point of view
Obstacles to the Scene Objective:
- Relate to the given circumstances of the scene
- Personalize the scene objective
- Actively discover the obstacles
3rd Quarter Outline – 12 weeks
Physicalize the role and actions of the scene. Relate objectives to action. Experiment with speech patterns and movement.
Discussion with your instructor will be on choices in the physicalization of the role, and integrating actions and props.
For those working in Vancouver, in-person rehearsals with the Instructor in the final weeks.
- Tempo & Rhythm
- Physical Actions
3rd Quarter Filmed Exercises
This exercises is edited with either Character Interview or Obstacles to the Scene Objective.
- Explore character’s private life
- Embody the character physically
- Raise the stakes of the Super Task
This exercise combines two exercises: Obstacles to the Super Task and Character Dance.
- Present the inner life and outer cover of the character
- Relate music to the inner need
- Share the character’s full vulnerability
4th Quarter Outline – 2 weeks
For those online, your instructor will be coaching you for Central Role presentations
For in-person Vancouver groups, locations and sets and props, wardrobe is finalized. Final rehearsals. Filming.
If a live presentation is being presented, the first week is final set constructions.
4th Quarter Filmed Exercises
Filmed Scene or Monologue:
- Full edited scene or monologue
- Present scenes over one weekend: Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Actorium will occasionally do a live showcase of Role Immersion student scenes
We are launching the Role Immersion Hybrid program June 2022.
For the launch we are offering the program at a reduced rate of $290/month with an additional surcharge of $50 per filmed exercise.
*all prices in Canadian dollars